I am using GWT 1.2.7 and can't figure out how to get the following working.

In my gss file I use a lot:
@if is("browser.engine",  "webkit") {

The "browser.engine" is a config that comes from a gwt xml file. A snippet:

<define-property name="browser.engine" values="gecko,webkit,presto,trident"
/>
<set-property name="browser.engine" value="webkit" />

I want to replace that through something like (eventually putting the @def
BLA1 in a constant gss file that is included):

@def BLA1 is("browser.engine",  "webkit");
@if (BLA1) {
    ... some styles {
}

But the GSS compiler keeps complaining:
        The expression [BLA1] is not valid condition.

I tried, without any luck (same kind of error):
+ Putting BLA1 in a gwt config like mentioned in the doc on gwtprojects
site.
+ eval()
+ is()..

How to solve this?