@Paul: thanks for your details feedback and pointers.

> Can you confirm you are using 2.7.1, do you mean 2.7.0?
Yes, sorry, you are right, it's 2.7.0

> Do you possibly include a module that overrides how the user agent
permutation is calculated from the user agent string?
I don't think so, how can I check that ?
I use derived user agent properties like presto, webkit, gecko.
And I use a a property gwt.os that has values like mobile, desktop, ipad,
etc.. I derive that from JS with a <property-provider>, and use it in gss
files.

> For ie11 when I add the meta tag you've added I do not get any issues.
What value did you exactly use and how did you change it such that it has
effect?
When I change the value to IE=10 with the IE dev tools, I don't see any
change, and doubt if it has effect, as I don't see some kind of refresh...
But if I change it on the server in the index.html, it also has no effect.

Thanks for the debugging hints, I will dive in to them.

​