One thing I may have overstated is that there's a slide discussing what
*may* be ported forward (Modernizing GWT Applications
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0flgI0AMJjk&list=PL1yReUCGwGvrqscLu1EAyYRPrr0ceEHLE&index=8>,

around 18:45), which *may* include GSS and ClientBundles, i18n (since
that's in a different module from gwt-user), UiBinder, SafeHtmlTemplates
and PlaceHistoryMapperGenerator. But then at 32:30 in the same video a
mention of "probably not with UiBinder", so UiBinder may not stay,
particularly if Singular is available which looks like be a much better
solution (and they're looking for contributions to that).

A name change for GWT is discussed in GWT 2.8 and Beyond
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltqWRoJ0S-o&list=PL1yReUCGwGvrqscLu1EAyYRPrr0ceEHLE&index=1>,

30:35. Not clear what the result of that will be, but if so much changes, a
name change would probably be good to shed the baggage. I also like 32:35
in the same video: "Any other questions? Is anybody like scared, or, uh,
shocked?" :)

At some point someone discussed making a table of what will and will not be
brought forward, so that would be useful for the community to see.

And again, I'm really looking forward to seeing the evolution, but it feels
like we're still a ways away from that, so knowing what to do in
development now is challenging.