processing.

*********************************
Happy 4th of July

Let's hope we can keep celebrating them in the years to come.  I'm not
optimistic today, though.

As you're "killin' it and grillin' it" in the backyard or popping a cold one
on the beach or taking in a neighborhood fireworks display, just pause for a
minute to reflect on the sad and sobering results of a recent poll, as
reported in the Newport News (Virginia) Daily Press earlier this week:

"Nearly half of Americans say they're willing to give up personal freedom
and privacy to protect the country, an annual survey commissioned by the
Colonial Williamsburg Foundation has found.

"Americans also rank affordable health care and the right to education as
more important to their welfare than freedom of speech, freedom of religion
and other basic constitutional rights, the survey found.

"Conducted by StrategyOne, the survey canvassed 1,000 U.S. citizens across
the country last month to measure their attitudes on issues related to
freedom and rights.

"...Six percent of those surveyed said freedom of the press was important to
themselves and their families, while 30 percent cited freedom of speech in
that same category."

Half the country is willing to sacrifice essential personal liberty for a
(false) sense of a little safety?  Only SIX PERCENT of Americans value the
freedom of an independent press?  Less than 1 in 3 of our fellow citizens
place the same value on freedom of SPEECH?  No wonder campaign finance
reform passed.  And many of these dolts actually VOTE.

When I reflect on the sacrifices made my the likes of Georgie Washington,
Tommy Jefferson, Johnny and Sammy Adams, Johnny Hancock, Paulie Revere and
countless other heroes of the American Revolution, I can't help but be
damned proud to be their heir to liberty.

But when I reflect on the ignorant sheep among us who would actively work to
undermine the legacy of freedom that has been bestowed upon our great
nation, I can't help but feel sad and embarrassed.

Talk about mixed feelings.

So I'm going to celebrate our Founding Fathers today.  This Bud's for you,
guys.

But come Monday, I'm renewing my fight with enhanced vigor to save this
country from the likes of idiots who, for example, think uttering the words
"under God" is an establishment of a government religion and should be
stricken from our Pledge of Allegiance.

Tally-ho!

**********************************
Founding Wisdom

"There is danger from all men.  The only maxim of a free government ought to
be to trust no man living with power to endanger the public liberty."

- Right-wing extremist John Adams

"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than
the animating contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your
counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your
chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our
countrymen!"

- Right-wing extremist Samuel Adams

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of
patriots and tyrants."

-  Right-wing extremist Thomas Jefferson

deserve neither liberty nor safety."

- Right-wing extremist Benjamin Franklin

**********************************
Sign Petition to 9th Circuit Court

Add your name to our petition, which will be hand-delivered to the full 9th
Circuit Court in San Francisco, urging it to overrule the June 26th decision
that the Pledge of Allegiance is unconstitutional. Then urge your friends
and family members to follow your example by also signing the petition.  Go
to:

<http://www.libertypetitions.com/petition.html?name=pledge_under_god>

*********************************
Long Savings on Long Distance!

Just 4.97 cents per minute * All state-to-state calls in the continental
U.S. * Residential or commercial * 6-second billing increments after the
first 18 seconds * 24 hours/day * 7 days/week * No access codes * No
minimums * No activation fees * No monthly service charge unless your bill
is less than $30.00 a month (then a $2.50 service charge will apply) * No
need to change your local phone company * No hassles * Easy sign-up. *And a
small portion of each bill goes to help continue publishing our FREE Chuck
Muth's News & Views e-newsletter. go to://www.GOPLongDistance.com today.

************************************
Leadership Institute Training Seminars

JULY
13-14 Youth Leadership School
22-26 Candidate Development School
27  Internet Leadership School

AUGUST
2  Public Speaking Workshop
12-15 Public Relations School (evenings)
16 Advanced Public Speaking Workshop

For more information, contact Christian Robey at (800) 827-5323 or go to:
www.leadershipinstitute.org

**********************************
COMING EVENTS
***********************************

*  RNC's Summer Meeting in San Francisco.  July 18-20

*  Campaigns & Elections campaign training seminar in Los Angeles, CA.  July
26-27.  $295 per person.  For more information, call (800) 888-5767 or go to
www.campaignline.com.

*  Free Republic's First Annual "Friva Las Vegas" conference at the Treasure
Island resort on the Strip August 16-17.  For more info, go to:
<http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/705851/posts?page=1>

*  ALEC 2002 Annual Meeting in Orlando, Florida.  August 7-11.  For more
information, go to:  http://www.alec.org/

*  ACU's "Public Policy Boot Camp" at the Marriott Residence Inn in
Arlington, Virginia August 18-20.  For further information contact ACU's
Kerri Houston, 214.357.1504 or [EMAIL PROTECTED]

*  17th Annual Gun Rights Policy Conference. September 27,28 and 29, 2002 at
the. Sheraton Crescent Hotel in Phoenix, Arizona sponsored by the Citizens
Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms and the Second Amendment
Foundation. Registration is free. You can register by email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
or by phone at 425.454.4911. For more information go to: http://www.saf.org/

 *  30th Annual CPAC conference at the Gateway Marriot in Arlington, VA from
January 30 - February 1, 2003.  Details to follow.

****************************

Chuck Muth, Editor/Publisher
3659 Scotwood Street
Las Vegas, NV  89121
Phone:  (702) 391-0222
Fax:  (702) 454-7798
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

The opinions and views expressed in Chuck Muth's News & Views reflect those
of the writers, editors and columnists therein and do not necessarily
reflect the opinions of the sponsors, advertisers ... heck, even some of our
readers.  To be REMOVED, go to:  http://www.chuckmuth.com/newsletter/ and
complete the removal request instructions you'll find there.  Or send your
request to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

# # #