On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Jeff Breidenbach wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> The biggest remaining issue before the new Mail Archive look and feel
> can go mainline is a cascading style sheet (CSS) layout problem. For
> example, look at the following page and expand the browser window to
> maximum width.
>
> [2] http://unagi.mail-archive.com:8080/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/msg00122.html
>
> We want the advertisment banner to "float right" and hug the right
> side of the web page. Instead it hugs the right side of the
> message. That's bad, because it crowds the thread navigation section
> below the message body, no matter how wide the browser window is.
>
> I'm having a lot of problems trying to figure out a way to make this
> work. If there's an expert in the house who has a suggestion, please
> speak up.

I'm not an expert, but I think I see the problem. adbox only floats right to
the edge of msgcontent, and msgcontent is constrained to 62em width. Try
letting msgcontent grow. You might want to make tSliceList have a fixed
width instead.

--
Stephen Turner, Cambridge, UK    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adelie/stephen/
  "Low Priced Cambridge Clare College. Big selection at eBay UK!"