Can someone provide insight on the differences between the Primary Site
under Cancer Identification vs SEER Site Summary?

For example, the breast has nine corresponding ICD-0-3 sites (C500-C509),
all of which are listed under Cancer Identification > Primary Site > Breast
in KUMC's babel hierarchy.  I can select the individual sites or the entire
folder to include all sites.  Under the SEER Site Summary in KUMC's babel
hierarchy, Breast is listed with a recode of 26000, which I assume rolls up
the nine site codes based on info from the SEER website (
http://seer.cancer.gov/siterecode/icdo3_d01272003/).

I'm having difficulty understanding the differences between the two and is
it really necessary to implement the SEER Site Summary in our i2b2.  Does
it have to do with a point in time in which ICD-0 was implemented and the
SEER site summary was how it used to be done?

Your insights are much appreciated. Thanks.

Justin