  From just a quick look, it appears that we have many rows with NULL diagnosis
at KU as well - I think I may want a join rather than a left join as you
suggest.

Anyone can create issues (or at least that was my intent when configuring the
BitBucket account).  I like feedback and want everyone to feel free to report
issues or add comments, etc.  I wonder if it just adds more confusion to use
the BitBucket bug tracker and also have the ticket on
informatics.gpcnetwork.org<https://informatics.gpcnetwork.org/trac/Project/ticket/144>.
  I guess we'll see how it goes...

Thanks.

Regards,

Nathan

From: Phillip Reeder [mailto:phillip.ree...@utsouthwestern.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2014 10:10 AM
To: Nathan Graham
Subject: i2b2 to PCORI

On line 418 of the CDM_transform.sql, you do a left join of the encounter table
to the diagnosis.  For me, this is creating a ton of encounters that don't have
an associated diagnosis.  I haven't tracked down why that is the case yet, but
I'm guessing it has to do with some of our fake encounters we generate, along
with unsynced encounters between systems and such.

Should this be a join instead  a left join, or possibly revers the order so
that it is diagnosis left join encounter?  That way we would ensure that all
rows had a non-null diagnosis.

And if for some reason, an encounter/visit didn't exist for the row, the
diagnosis would still show up.

Thoughts?
Phillip