From: gpc-dev-boun...@listserv.kumc.edu [gpc-dev-boun...@listserv.kumc.edu] on
behalf of Alex Bokov [bo...@uthscsa.edu]
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 5:26 PM
To: gpc-dev@listserv.kumc.edu
Subject: Empirical Data Dictionary

As per item #6 on yesterday's GPC-DEV call agenda...

○ Alex will send out scripts in the next day or two.
    ■ Volunteers to try by the next call: Hubert (Nebraska) via Jim,
    ■ Wisconsin
    ■ MCW / Glenn
...here is the script. I put all instructions and explanations I could think of
into the comments, but I welcome questions or feedback via this mailing list or
direct email as well.

Regarding metadata: if we define metadata as the contents of the I2B2METADATA
or BLUEHERONMETADATA schema, then unfortunately that is at the moment outside
the scope of this script. I do, however, agree with Phillip's point about the
need to write something similar for the metadata schema, and welcome advice on
what to put in it.

If we define metadata as modifiers and various data descriptor fields within
the data schema, you will find that those things get examined in considerable
detail.

Thank you all very much.