From: gpc-dev-boun...@listserv.kumc.edu [gpc-dev-boun...@listserv.kumc.edu] on
behalf of Borromeo, Charles [ch...@pitt.edu]
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2014 3:25 PM
To: gpc-dev@listserv.kumc.edu
Subject: REDCap SQL scripts

Hello,
  At the PaTH CDRN we are using REDCap for our survey data and loading the
results into i2b2.  Russ Waitman directed me to your REDCap to i2b2
scripts found here: https://informatics.kumc.edu/work/browser/heron_load.
I have been tinkering with the redcap_concepts_load.sql script to meet our
PaTH needs.  It allows me to load an i2b2 concept_dimension table based on
the redcap_metadata table.  I have extracted the resulting REDCap data
from concept_dimension into an i2b2 ontology table.

My question is: how was GPC going to load the enumerated data found in the
redcap_metadata element_enum column in the i2b2 user interface?  For the
PROMIS 29 surveys, the survey contains several radio elements with 5
options like:

1, Never \n 2, Rarely \n 3, Sometimes \n 4, Often \n 5, Always

I was thinking of presenting the radio options as leaves within i2b2 like
this:

\promis29
    \I felt fearful
        \1, Never
        \2, Rarely
        \3, Sometimes
        \4, Often
        \5, Always

The current SQL script does not build leaves from the options.  Has GPC
given any thought to representing the radio options?

Thanks,
Chuck Borromeo
PaTH Network