In our pragmatic model we will be providing metadataxml for common tests,
defaulting our lab ranges since the i2b2 query tool only shows that as a
guideline.  In the case of HbA1C, virtually all results will be 'abnormal'
('high') since we are chiefly ordering the test in followup of diabetes.  I
think that site edits of the metadataxml will probably be driven by the
pragmatic requirements of their research community but we are operating on the
premise that sufficient metadata to trigger the numeric and structured results
query functionality is of greater value than having no metadata to enable i2b2
function.

Please...ETL managers, comment on that assumption relative to utility at your
site
Jim

James R. Campbell MD
campb...@unmc.edu<mailto:campb...@unmc.edu>
Office: 402-559-7505
Secretary: 402-559-7299
Pager: 402-888-1230

On Nov 13, 2014, at 11:53 AM, "Verhagen, Laurel A"
<verhagen.lau...@mcrf.mfldclin.edu<mailto:verhagen.lau...@mcrf.mfldclin.edu>>
wrote:

Marshfield is reworking our Laboratory Measurements. Does GPC have definition
around lab value ranges (High, Low, Normal)? Should we use our system defaults,
accepting that it’s possible there’s some variation across sites?

Thanks for the input.

Laurel

The information in this e-mail may be privileged and confidential, intended
only for the use of the addressee(s) above. Any unauthorized use or disclosure
of this information is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by mistake,
please delete it and immediately contact the sender.