Greetings GPC dev’ers.
                One of our charges from PCORI is to develop mechanisms for the
capture of patient generated data. Our current model is a combination of REDcap
questionnaires for unique data capture and delivering patient questionnaires
via  each sites’ enterprise patient portal.

As noted in the email below the ONC Structured Data Capture project is
attempting to accomplish the same task in a formal, standardized, universally
implementable fashion.

In one of my other roles as a chair at HL7 I work with the FHIR developers and
clinician informaticists to test FHIR interoperability using real world use
cases developed by the HL7 Clinical Team.

The virtual connectathon discussed below is an opportunity to test GPC related
patient questionnaires with the support of ONC and the FHIR developers.

I wanted to invite other GPC development teams to participate. We will need to
decide if this will be by individual site or going in as the GPC as a group.

Please let me know you interest and I will work to make arrangements.
Jim

James McClay, MS, MD, FACEP
Associate Professor, Emergency Medicine
Chair, Biomedical Informatics Graduate Program
University of Nebraska Medical Center
402-559-3587, jmcc...@unmc.edu
The information in this e-mail is privileged and confidential, intended only
for the use of the addressee(s) above. If you have received this e-mail by
mistake, please delete it and immediately contact the sender.