Nate
So, if I understand, you had calculated or developed metadataxml for all the
entries in the GPC lab metadata?  Wow, I did not understand that from
Hackathon2 and we would love to get a copy of your java code to supplement our
metadata browsing tools.  Did you develop a java-based computation of
metadataxml from the LOINC release record?  We have considered that but have
not had time.
I thought we might be providing an enhancement to your metadata build but I
agree entirely that it seems irrelevant.
Jim

James R. Campbell MD
campb...@unmc.edu
Office: 402-559-7505
Secretary: 402-559-7299
Pager: 402-888-1230

> On Mar 27, 2015, at 1:11 PM, "GPC Informatics" <d...@madmode.com> wrote:
>
> #158: usable view of LOINC lab terms
> -------------------------+----------------------------
> Reporter:  rwaitman     |       Owner:  nateapathy
>     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  assigned
> Blocking:               |
> -------------------------+----------------------------
>
> Comment (by nateapathy):
>
> We reviewed the metadata included in the UNMC LOINC hierarchy and found
> 922 with metadata XML applied. We compared those leaf terms to our current
> hierarchy and found 622 that overlapped with the 71,000+ terms that are in
> our base hierarchy (the majority of which is hidden on Babel). All of our
> metadata XML matched the data you had for yours, only with a few semantic
> differences in naming conventions for tests within the metadata panel.
>
> Since there is not a major material difference between these two sets of
> metadata, I'm inclined to direct the group to the information I shared in
> [https://informatics.gpcnetwork.org/trac/Project/ticket/158#comment:20
> comment20] on this thread. That comment includes a link to the base
> multiaxial hierarchy from Regenstrief and the Java code we use to
> transform that into our base LOINC hierarchy that was agreed upon as the
> GPC hierarchy during Hackathon II.
>
> Let me know if there are any next steps or additional questions we need to
> answer or clarify before we can close this ticket.
>
> --
> Ticket URL:
> <http://informatics.gpcnetwork.org/trac/Project/ticket/158#comment:28>
> gpc-informatics <http://informatics.gpcnetwork.org/>
> Greater Plains Network - Informatics

The information in this e-mail may be privileged and confidential, intended
only for the use of the addressee(s) above. Any unauthorized use or disclosure
of this information is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail by mistake,
please delete it and immediately contact the sender.