Hi Bhargav,

UTHSCSA is working to move our ALS REDCap project to production, but we have
some issues to resolve.

In the KUMC data
dictionary<https://informatics.gpcnetwork.org/trac/Project/attachment/ticket/208/PCORIALSREDCapSurvey_DataDictionary_2015-03-23.csv>,
 the following fields were not marked as identifiers, so we set it to 'Y': mrn,
who, consent_language (participant types own name in here).

We removed the "required" flag for address/email fields, because we are using
one or the other for specific participants, and we have not populated all the
data for each of them.

We also edited piping fields in the text of "Clinic Validation" instrument
field "who" to match the variable names from the data dictionary. Was the
[address] piped field here supposed to refer to mailing street address or email?

This is shown at the top of the "Als Clinic Survey" instrument "CONSENT
LANGUAGE CONSENT LANGUAGECONSENT LANGUAGECONSENT LANGUAGECONSENT
LANGUAGECONSENT ..."

The same instrument also says: "THIS IS A DRAFT VERSION. DO NOT ENTER REAL
DATA."

In our specific REDCap ( Version 6.4.4), we cannot enable the participant
identifier option in the Participant List. The button to enable it does not
exist on the Participant List page as it should. Our project is in development,
so we should not require intervention by an administrator to do this, but we
cannot find docs on how to enable the button to enable this.

We plan to use survey_access_code instead of unique survey url. Therefore we
will change the field on the "Survey Web Access" form and use it to store the
data. Will this or any other changes we mentioned cause problems with later
analysis of project data?

We are also having a strange issue with our record ID field in REDCap. This
field is usually the first field in the project, so by uploading the data
dictionary record_id is used. However, when we load the online designer to
verify the form, the username of the person who imported the data is shown in
the record_id field, instead of real imported data. Looking at a record of test
data, we see the record_id populated correctly, but the MRN field shows the
REDCap user instead of the real value. (Looking at the field history here shows
correct value and username for last edit). This one is really odd, and we might
have to involve our RC administrator to resolve it.

-Angela