From: Olivier Bodenreider
<obodenrei...@mail.nih.gov<mailto:obodenrei...@mail.nih.gov>>
Date: July 7, 2016 at 3:22:38 PM CDT
To: "Campbell, James R" <campb...@unmc.edu<mailto:campb...@unmc.edu>>
Cc: "McClay, James C" <jmcc...@unmc.edu<mailto:jmcc...@unmc.edu>>
Subject: Re: Fwd: VHA Plans to Transition NDF-RT to MED-RT

Not sure I have much more information, Jim.

I know some of the technical details (e.g., the drugs will be identified with
RxCUI natively, rather than NUIs). Not quite sure about editorial procedures.

Also keep in mind that, for EPC, chemical ingredient, mechanism of action, and
physiologic effect, the same information is also available from DailyMed (and
provided independently of NDF-RT in RxClass). So, only the
indications/contra-indications and VA classes are at stake here.

From the perspective of RxClass, we will keep updating what comes from DailyMed
as usual. I imagine the NDF-RT information might be frozen for a while (i.e.,
not updated) during the transition, until we get a hold of the new dataset and
digest it.