Use case: catching results of prostate D.R.E. and/or biopsy... for the
former, recorded directly to notes often.  For the latter,  raw results
often remain in form of scanned pdfs and physicians just copy the few items
they need into notes.

This may be especially helpful when an explicitly negative diagnosis is
needed by the researcher.

I imagine other cancer specialties might have similar use cases.