So it seems it is which ever you prefer. Thank you that helps.

-------- Original message --------
From: GPC Informatics <d...@madmode.com>
Date: 1/26/17 12:40 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: dconno...@kumc.edu, bo...@uthscsa.edu, mei...@kumc.edu, schand...@kumc.edu,
verhagen.lau...@mcrf.mfldclin.edu, gkowal...@mcw.edu, "McNeeley, Todd A."
<mcneele...@health.missouri.edu>
Cc: ngra...@kumc.edu, badaga...@kumc.edu, tmcma...@kumc.edu, btay...@mcw.edu,
rwait...@kumc.edu
Subject: Re: [gpc-informatics] #401: distribute key/salt to GPC sites for
Cohort Characterization study with CMS data

#401: distribute key/salt to GPC sites for Cohort Characterization study with
CMS
data
 Reporter:  dconnolly                            |       Owner:  bokov
     Type:  task                                 |      Status:  closed
 Blocking:  133, 402, 432, 540, 556, 557, 558,   |  Blocked By:
  559, 560, 561, 562, 563                        |

Comment (by dconnolly):

 Both `patient_num` and `patient_num_hash` were in the KUMC finder file
 that GDIT approved (ticket:526#comment:16) right Sravani?

 As long as when it comes time to submit your i2b2 repository to KUMC you
 can map from the `patient_num` in that copy to the `patient_num_hash` in
 your finder file, I don't think anything critically depends on
 `patient_num` being in the finder file. But I don't see any particular
 reason to leave it out either.

 I wondered about "5 columns" when Sravani said that; I should have double-
 checked. Perhaps she meant "5 columns before you run obfuscate.py".

--
Ticket URL:
<http://informatics.gpcnetwork.org/trac/Project/ticket/401#comment:27>