From: Gpc-dev [mailto:gpc-dev-boun...@listserv.kumc.edu] On Behalf Of Debbie
Yoshihara
Sent: Wednesday, February 22, 2017 7:41 AM
To: gpc-dev
Subject: SCILHS ontology for demographics

Hi,

How are sites handling that both ETHNICITY and RACE are

referred to the RACE_CD in table PATIENT_DIMENSION for

the SCILHS 2.02 ontology?

For example, ETHNICITY:HISPANIC and RACE:01

have C_FACTTABLECOLUMN PATIENT_NUM,

C_TABLENAME PATIENT_DIMENSION,

C_COLUMNNAME RACE_CD.

So you can have an ethnicity or a race but not both.

--- Debbie