Attaching sql script (Oracle) and xls of our encounters and the brief analysis
we did to determine which to use.
Please feel free to contact me with questions.

Please note that the full code at the bottom contains our site specific survey
issue date and site specific encounter type codes that you will need to replace
with your sites. It also does not filter on the obesity cohort, but you would
just add that either as a join on the "closest" inner query or a where in
statement for that query.

Laura Manuel
Software Engineer- Senior - Clinical Informatics Research Division
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics
University of Texas Health Science Center San Antonio