From: Campbell, James R <campb...@unmc.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, July 12, 2017 1:04:25 PM
To: Debbie Yoshihara; gpc-dev
Subject: RE: CDM refresh PRES_L3_RXCUI_TIER

Debbie
I suspect that this reflects upon how your extract from Epic chooses RXNORM
codes.  When choosing the RXNORM code for a certain MEDICATION_ID in your
medication orders, The RXNORM_CODES mapping table provided in our case by FDB
allows choice of  different levels of RXCUIs based upon RXNORM_TERM_TYPE_C
which may be 1=ingredient, 4 =dose form, 7=semantic clinical drug form,
9=semantic clinical drug, 14=semantic branded drug…..etc.  When you choose an
RXCUI, be sure to only accept RXNORM_TERM_TYPE_C in (9,14,17 and 18).  This
will assure that you are choosing a code with dose and formulation specified.
Jim