From: Hood, Daniel Robert [mailto:danh...@regenstrief.org]
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2017 10:58 AM
To: Bernard Black; Mei Liu; gpc-dev@listserv.kumc.edu; Dan Connolly;
furmanc...@icnanotox.org; kosin...@mcw.edu
Cc: btay...@mcw.edu; vanri...@umn.edu; meye0...@umn.edu; Lindsey Cook; Charon
Gladfelter; Brennan Connolly; nicholas-c-sm...@uiowa.edu;
phillip.ree...@utsouthwestern.edu; mo...@health.missouri.edu; Hillary Sandoval;
George Kowalski
Subject: RE: [gpc-informatics] #544: how to convert ACS raw variables to CAP
variables (e.g. type of health insurance)?

My two cents:

My understanding is that sharing census tract ID with Northwestern would
constitute the sharing of a limited dataset.  The updated protocol already
takes into account that we will be sharing a limited data set due to the
request to include year and month for patient encounters.

To Phillip’s point, we have IRB approval for a limited data set (although the
IRB does not explicitly call out the sharing of census tract id).  Given that
Northwestern has also executed the GPC External Collaborator Agreement which
includes the GPC Use Agreement that covers the de-identified data AND limited
data sets, it would seem that GPC sites are covered to share the census tract
id.  Perhaps I am interpreting this incorrectly?

Dan

Dan Hood  |  Health Information Project Manager
Center for Biomedical Informatics
[cid:image003.png@01D15378.62F72500]
1101 West Tenth Street
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202
Tel 317-274-9349
Twitter: @Regenstrief  |  Facebook.com/regenstriefinstitute
www.regenstrief.org<http://www.regenstrief.org/>

Confidentiality Notice: The contents of this message and any files transmitted
with it may contain confidential and/or privileged information and are intended
solely for the use of the named addressee(s). Additionally, the information
contained herein may have been disclosed to you from medical records with
confidentiality protected by federal and state laws. Federal regulations and
State laws prohibit you from making further disclosure of such information
without the specific written consent of the person to whom the information
pertains or as otherwise permitted by such regulations. A general authorization
for the release of medical or other information is not sufficient for this
purpose.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender by return
e-mail and delete the original message. Any retention, disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this information by anyone other than the intended
recipient is strictly prohibited.