From: Gpc-dev <gpc-dev-boun...@listserv.kumc.edu> On Behalf Of Campbell, James R
Sent: Friday, March 15, 2019 10:12 AM
To: Weiner, Mark <mark.wei...@tuhs.temple.edu>; GPC STANDARDS
<gpc-dev@listserv.kumc.edu>
Cc: Keith Marsolo <keith.mars...@cchmc.org>
Subject: Question from Mark Weiner of PaTH regarding LOINC coding in OBS_CLIN
and PRO_CM

Non-UNMC email

Hi Mark!  I hope all is well with you.  I will have an expanded map of OBS_CLIN
and PRO_CM  data for our extracts soon including OB, mental health and
neuropathology.  Do you want a copy?

Initially there was no guidance from PCORI and I dumped eveything in OBS_CLIN.
More recently I built the tables based upon the guidance in the PCORnet
document as recounted below.   I used  the LOINC class type to assign codes to
the individual tables as all our clinical and lab data is LOINC coded.

Checking LOINC you will see that PHQ-2 and 9 are classtype 4 and are now in our
PRO_CM table.  Unfortunately, the OBS_GEN table remains undefined and unuseful
from my point of view.

Jim

CDMV41 p19: "The LOINC Class Type variable has 4 values (as of May, 2018): 1 =
Lab Class, 2 = Clinical Class, 3 = Claims Attachment, 4 = Survey. This
information can be found on search.loinc.org or in the LOINC Core files. In
general, observations with a class type of "1" will be stored in LAB_RESULT_CM.
Observations with a class type of "2" will be loaded into OBS_CLIN, and
observations with a class type of "4" will generally be stored in PRO_CM, but
not definitively."