I seem to remember Marc Kaplan discussing using the ILM and mmfind for this.

There is a presentation from 2018 which skims on an example

http://files.gpfsug.org/presentations/2018/USA/SpectrumScalePolicyBP.pdf

-- Lauz

On 10/06/2020 23:40, Kerner, Chad A wrote:
You can do a policy scan though and get a list of files that have ACLs applied
to them. Then you would not have to check every file with a shell utility or C,
just process that list.  Likewise, you can get the uid/gid as well and process
that list with the new mapping(split it into multiple lists, processing
multiple threads on multiple machines).

While it is by no means the prettiest or possibly best way to handle the POSIX
ACLs, I had whipped up a python api for it: https://github.com/ckerner/ssacl .
It only does POSIX though. We use it in conjunction with acls
(https://github.com/ckerner/acls), an ls replacement that shows effective
user/group permissions based off of the acl's because most often the user would
just look at the POSIX perms and say something is broken, without checking the
acl.

--
Chad Kerner, Senior Storage Engineer
Storage Enabling Technologies

On 6/10/20, 5:30 PM, "gpfsug-discuss-boun...@spectrumscale.org on behalf of Jonathan
Buzzard" <gpfsug-discuss-boun...@spectrumscale.org on behalf of
jonathan.buzz...@strath.ac.uk> wrote:

     On 10/06/2020 16:31, Lohit Valleru wrote:
[SNIP] > I might mostly start small with a single lab, and only change files
      > without ACLs. May I know if anyone has a method/tool to find out
     which > files/dirs have NFS4 ACLs set? As far as we know - it is just one
      > fileset/lab, but it would be good to confirm if we have them set
      > across any other files/dirs in the filesystem. The usual methods do
      > not seem to work.
Use mmgetacl a file at a time and try and do something with the output? Tools to manipulate ACL's from on GPFS mounted nodes suck donkey balls,
     and have been that way for over a decade. Last time I raised this with
     IBM I was told that was by design...
If they are CES then look at it client side from a Windows node? The alternative is to write something in C that calls gpfs_getacl. However it was an evening to get a basic UID remap code working in C. It
     would not take much more effort to make it handle ACL's. As such I would
     work on the premise that there are ACL's and handle it.
JAB. --
     HPC System Administrator, ARCHIE-WeSt.