From: Henrik Morsing <hen...@morsing.cc>
Sent by: gpfsug-discuss-boun...@spectrumscale.org
To: gpfsug-discuss@spectrumscale.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [gpfsug-discuss] Ransom attacks
Date: Thu, May 27, 2021 12:10

Hi,

It struck me that switching a Spectrum Protect solution from tapes to a GPFS filesystem offers much less protection against ransom encryption should the SP server be compromised. Same goes really for compromising an ESS node itself, it is an awful lot of data that can be encrypted very quickly.

Is there anything that can protect the GPFS filesystem against this kind of attack?

Regards,
Henrik