Hi All,

I’m planning to take a step-back from running the Spectrum Scale user group in
the UK later this year/early next year and this means we need someone (or
people) to step up to run the user group in the UK.

I took over running the user group in 2015 and a lot has changed since then …
the group got bigger, we moved to multi-day sessions, a pandemic struck and we
moved online … now as things are maybe returning to normal, I think it is time
for someone else to take leadership of the group in the UK and work out how to
take it forwards.

If you are interested in taking up running the group in the UK, please drop me
an email, or DM on Slack and let me know. It doesn’t necessarily need to be one
person running the group, and having several would help with some of the
logistics of running the events. To be truly independent, which we have always
tried to be, I’ve always thought that the person/people running the group
should come from the end-user community…

I’ll likely still be around at events, and happy to provide organisational
support if needed … but I don’t really have the time needed for the group at
the moment.

Hopefully there’s someone interested in taking the group forwards in the future
…

Simon
UK Group Chair