Hello Harris,

I have the same set up, so let me see if I can assist you.

First the importation of text block keys, from others.
1) copy and paste the whole, including the opening and closing tags, i.e.  into
a text file and save with anything-(i like the email address).gpgkey for its
extension. The GPG Keychain will readily import it.

2) Your key should show in bold in the in the GPG Keychain Access window. Bold
means you have both public and private and you can see only yours if you tick
to box in the bottom right 'Show Secret keys only' And if you exported it, you
must have it.

Tip its common to sign others peoples keys, unless they specifically ask you to
not do so. And usually that is followed by uploading to a keyserver, but some
people are not so keen its work checking first.

Hope this helps

come back if you need more, its no problem, we are a community of enthusiasts
;-)

thanks

rains