On 6/21/10 8:16 PM, Glenn Brown wrote:
> gPXE fellows:
>
> The attached patch set does the following, in 4 distinct patches:
>   * Adds a PCI_CAP_ID_VS definition to pci.h.
>   * Adds jump-scrolling to the settings_ui, since gPXE now
>     has more settings that can fit on screen.
>   * Adds setting-deletion support to the settings UI.
>   * Adds nonvolatile option support to the myri10ge driver.
>
> The attached .gif shows the appearance of the modified settings UI,
> with "..." to suggest scrolling and with "Ctrl-D" instructions.  The
> patches have been tested with diskless DHCP-less iSCSI boot over a
> myri10ge NIC.

Hi Glenn,

Thanks very much for these patches.

I had been hoping that someone would take an interest in improving the
config UI, and I am very interested in trying the jump-scrolling
interface that you have created.

Settings deletion also seems like a very useful feature.

> Would someone please sponsor this patch set?

I would be happy to. The decision about whether this goes in will be
made after people have had a chance to read and test your code, and to
give feedback.

We have changed our development process such that all patches flow
through the gpxe-devel mailing list where we can have an open discussion
about them.

If there seems to be interest in the patch (which generally means that
there is positive feedback on the gpxe-devel list), one of our core
developers with commit access will review and commit the patch.

We have a policy of waiting at least 24 hours before committing to allow
time for discussion on the gpxe-devel list.

I'll be writing more about our new development process after we get
gPXE-1.0.1 released.  I wanted to say a little bit here because you have
submitted a nice patch, and you deserve to get feedback.

> Thank you,
> --Glenn Brown

And thank you for your patches.  You put some thought into this, and I
appreciate the effort.

/ Marty /

P.S. Could you repost your patches on the gpxe-devel list, and if
possible put your patches inline (rather than as an attachment) so that
it is easier to review your code by replying?  Thanks.