Hello Everyone,

I am pleased to announce the release of gPXE 1.0.1.

This release represents 4 months of diligent work by many members of
the Etherboot Project community, and we are very grateful for the
quantity and quality of contributions we have received, as well as
the code review, debugging, and testing provided by so many people.

In addition to those whose names appear in the change log below, we wish
to thank all the people on the gPXE mailing lists and on our IRC
channels who have helped us to make gPXE better.

We would also like to thank everyone who has added to or edited our
wiki. We would like to particularly thank people who have contributed
appnotes:

    http://etherboot.org/wiki/appnotes

These notes have proven extremely valuable to people who are trying to
apply gPXE to real world situations. Good documentation is something we
value, and so we appreciate people taking the time to share their hard
won knowledge with everyone. Quite often people will update the wiki
after working on IRC on a problem and figuring it out with help from
others.

Code and community are two things we care deeply about, and I'm happy to
say that both are doing well. We look forward to preparing for our next
release and to working together as a community to make it happen.

Many Thanks and Best Regards,

/ Marty /

=== gPXE-1.0.1 Executive Summary ===

New drivers: Intel e1000, e1000e, igb, EFI snpnet, JMicron jme,
Neterion X3100 vxge, pcnet32.  Bug fixes and improvements to drivers,
wireless, DHCP, iSCSI, COMBOOT, and EFI.

=== git shortlog v1.0.0..v1.0.1 ===

Andrei Faur (1):
      [pcnet32] Replace pcnet32 with native driver

Bruce Rogers (1):
      [drivers] Fix warnings identified by gcc 4.5

Daniel Verkamp (1):
      [comboot] Match version strings to SYSLINUX style

Danny Volkind (1):
      [iscsi] Fix interoperability with QNAP TS-639Pro

Erwan Velu (1):
      [eepro100] Add PCI ID for Intel Pro/100 VE

Geoff Lywood (8):
      [bitmap] Fix bitmaps on 64-bit platforms
      [elf2efi] Improve error handling
      [build] Allow building against a zlib in a non-standard location
      [dhcp] Use correct DHCP options on EFI systems
      [efi] Update UEFI header files with latest version from TianoCore
      [efi] Add the "snpnet" driver
      [jme] Fix 64-bit compile of JMicron ethernet driver
      [pcnet32] Fix uninitialised variable

Guo-Fu Tseng (2):
      [jme] Add JMicron Ethernet driver
      [jme] Fix refill behavior

Itay Gazit (1):
      [hermon] Change hermon_alloc_icm() to conform to ConnectX2 requirements

Joshua Oreman (4):
      [wpa] Remove PMKID checking
      [dhcp] Honor PXEBS_SKIP option in discovery control
      [dhcp] Don't consider invalid offers to be duplicates
      [linker] Use weak definitions instead of weak declarations

Marty Connor (8):
      [release] Update version to 1.0.0+ post release
      [shell_banner] Avoid printing Ctrl-B prompt if BANNER_TIMEOUT <= 0
      [misc] Remove accidentally commited .dotest directory
      [e1000] Update e1000 driver
      [e1000e] Add e1000e driver
      [igb] Add igb driver
      [release] Update version to 1.0.1-rc1 for release
      [release] Update version to 1.0.1 for release

Masroor Vettuparambil (1):
      [vxge] Add support for X3100 series 10GbE Server/Storage Adapter

Michael Brown (12):
      [iscsi] Disambiguate some common authentication errors
      [phantom] Update interrupt support to match current firmware
      [netdevice] Add netdev_is_open() wrapper function
      [netdevice] Record whether or not interrupts are currently enabled
      [pxe] Avoid potential interrupt storms when using shared interrupts
      [pxe] Remove pxe_set_cached_filename()
      [base64] Allow base64_encode() to handle arbitrary data
      [base64] Add ability to decode base64 strings
      [base16] Add generic base16 encoding and decoding routines
      [iscsi] Use generic base16 functions for iSCSI
      [infiniband] Use generic base16 functions for SRP
      [ethernet] Move Ethernet MAC address checking routines to ethernet.h

Piotr JaroszyƄski (9):
      [build] Add support for local configuration files
      [build] Look for isolinux.bin in more places
      [util] Hide an expected error from the 'which' command
      [uri] Fix NULL dereference in parse_uri()
      [uri] Special case NULL in churi()
      [compiler] Fix 64bit compile time errors
      [efi] Fix link order for elf2efi
      [efi] Fix *.efi linking
      [iscsi] Allow base64 encoding in large binary values

Stefan Hajnoczi (7):
      [util] Detect genisoimage as mkisofs replacement
      [undi] Ensure only one UNDI instance is loaded
      [build] Disable ccache for embedded.o
      [build] Disable ccache for embedded.o
      [fnrec] Add function recorder for debugging
      [vxge] Add stub vxge.c file so bin/vxge.usb can be built
      [comboot] Propagate carry flag from COMBOOT API

Thomas Miletich (1):
      [eepro100] Remove link-state checking

Wu Fengguang (1):
      [lkrnprefix] Fix documentation path in comment

=== Convenience Links ===

Etherboot Project main website:

     http://etherboot.org/

Etherboot Project support website: