On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 5:27 PM, Hsuan-Yeh Chang <hsuan...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Has anyone booted Chrome OS?

I know that Thomas Miletich got it partially booting.  I believe he
had the kernel and initramfs loaded, the next step was to get the root
file system over HTTP/NFS.  It wasn't finished due to lack of time -
it should definitely be possible!

Booting a Linux-based OS, such as Chrome OS, that does not come with
network booting functionality involves understanding its boot process
and adjusting kernel parameters and initramfs scripts so that
resources are fetched over the network.  The boot.kernel.org project
has several examples of network booting Linux distros over HTTP,
perhaps the BKO git repo has the modifications that were necessary to
various distros.

Stefan