On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 12:54 PM, Gilles Martin <gilles.mar...@psi.ch> wrote:
> Le jeudi 29 juillet 2010 à 10:54 +0100, Stefan Hajnoczi a écrit :

>> This is the sky2 hang:
>> http://support.etherboot.org/index.php?do=details&task_id=63
>> http://www.mail-archive.com/gpxe@etherboot.org/msg00507.html
>>
>> The patch isn't 100% happy yet, that's why it is not merged.  No one
>> has had the time to complete the patch and test it.
>>
>> If you are willing to do some testing it may be possible to finish
>> this patch and get it merged now.
>

> Yes, I can do some testing with this patch. Is there a procedure to
> follow to validate this patch ? I am not a developper so I won't be able
> to debug properly or complete the patch sadly. What I can do, is run
> some tests and report what problems I enconter if there are some.

We need a patch that addresses the issues that the previous patch had.
 I'll try to put one together later today.  It would be great if you
can test it.

There are two key tests for a driver:
1. The regular gPXE boot including DHCP and TFTP or HTTP.  A SAN boot
would work well, too.
2. gPXE as a PXE stack loading undionly.kpxe, which uses the UNDI
interface and interrupts.  This configuration reveals issues with
interrupts that are not exposed during normal operation (gPXE normally
doesn't use interrupts so they might be broken and most users would
not notice it).

I've CCed Daniel and Joshua who worked on the original patch and the
driver, too.

Stefan