Le jeudi 29 juillet 2010 à 09:03 -0400, Lars Kellogg-Stedman a écrit :
> > I tried to duplicate the lines in the GPXE script but if there is an
> > error the script doesn't go further. Example:
> >
> > #!gpxe
> > ifopen net0
> > ifopen net1
> > dhcp net0
> > dhcp net1
>
> I just submitted a patch (posted here; it also went to gpxe-devel)
> that would let you do:
>
>   #!gpxe
>  dhcp any
>
> ...and have gPXE iterate through all available interfaces, or:
>
>   #!gpxe
>   dhcp net0 net1
>
> If you really wanted to limit it to just those two interfaces.
>
> You can find a copy of the patch here:
>
>   http://gist.github.com/486907
>
> It should apply cleanly against the current gPXE repository.

Thanks for the hint, I will give it a try! I also found that page which
is supposed to work but I wasn't able to make it work as I want:
http://www.etherboot.org/wiki/appnotes/autobootchainurl

Finally, as I just want to chain to another PXE server I found the
following trick:

#!gpxe
set net0/next-server 192.168.1.50
set net1/next-server 192.168.1.50
autoboot

What is nice is that the "set" command works even if the interface is
not opened so the script doesn't fail and also the autoboot command
doesn't scratch the next-server variable with the DHCP information.

One remark about the "next-server" variable and GPXE behavior:

If I do this:

#!gpxe
dhcp net0
set next-server 192.168.1.50
chain tftp://192.168.1.50/pxelinux.0

Then, GPXE doesn't go to 192.168.1.50 but uses the net0/next-server
value it got from the DHCP request. Is that logical?

--
Gilles