Hi,

I'm currently trying to automate an iSCSI boot that would fallback to a
WinPE environment image, in case the iSCSI disk is not bootable.

This is the script I have been trying to use with my PXE image as a
result (NB: yes, I know I'm not using a proper iqn for the ISCSI target):

#!gpxe
dhcp net0
set keep-san 1
sanboot iscsi:192.168.1.1:::1:myserver:disk1
chain tftp://192.168.1.1/Boot/startrom.n12

When entered manually, this sequence of command works fine and, if the
iSCSI fails to boot, WinPE is launched (through startrom.n12). This is
extremely convenient, for instance, to install Windows onto a new iSCSI
disk.

Now, the problem is that, when not executed interactively, the default
for gPXE scripts is to halt on failure. So, if the sanboot command
fails, the chain command is never executed and the WinPE image is never
launched.

Obviously then, I would like an option to allow a gPXE script to
continue on error.

Having found out about a similar request [1] and the "clear
script_errors" implementation [2], I tried to that option in my script,
but it doesn't appear to work.

So my question is: has the "clear script_errors" ever been committed?
And if not, could you please add it to a future release?

Regards,

/Pete

[1] http://www.mail-archive.com/gpxe@etherboot.org/msg00685.html
[2]