Hi,

I tried to netboot a machine using gPXE 1.0.1 (downloaded on rom-o-matic)
but it does not detect the NIC.

A Linux system is installed on it, it uses the e100 driver to drive the NIC.
lspci says that the Vendor ID is 0x8086 and the device ID is 0x27dc. PCI
database says it is a 82801G (ICH7) LAN controller.
I cannot tell you what motherboard is in this system as it is very specific.

But adding this line to src/drivers/net/eepro100.c:

PCI_ROM(0x8086, 0x27dc, "eepro100-27dc", "Intel 82801G (ICH7) Chipset
Ethernet Controller", 0),

and recompiling gPXE make me be able to netboot this system.
It would be great to have this device id handled in a next release of gPXE.

I can do some tests if necessary but this machine will be unavailable in a
few weeks.

Thanks.

Cedric Delmas