On 2010.08.31 08:19, Ansgar Jazdzewski wrote:
> but how can i exit the gpxe so that the iscsi keep in the bios so that the
> windows installation find the harddisk?

Hi Ansgar,

I recently had to solve the same issue. You need to use the gPXE
commandline with the following:

   dhcp net0
   set keep-san 1
target id>

Then, depending on whether you are installing Windows from a DVD or from
a WinPE image through tftp you would either run:

   exit

so that gPXE hands things back over to the BIOS, to boot from DVD or:

   chain tftp://<server ip>/Boot/startrom.n12

so that gPXE starts the WinPE image ftom tftp.

More info on the gPXE commandline can be found here [1].
Also, there's some good documentation on installing Windows to an iSCSI
target in the gPXE howto guides [2].
Finally, I found the following page helpful if you get some errors [3].
If you created your iSCSI using tgtadm on Linux, be mindful that you
probably have to specify an actual LUN parameter (rather than just ::::)
in your isci address.

Regards,

/Pete

[1] http://www.etherboot.org/wiki/commandline