sqwbwh wrote:

>>     Miller, Shao wrote:
>>>     You’re quite welcome, and thanks for including the list on your
>>>     other reply. :) Have a nice day. - Shao
>>
>     sqwbwh wrote:
>>     Shao Miller
>>     1:
>>     i use :
>>     " set it in an embedded script:
>>>
>>>     #!gpxe
>>>     set use-cached 1
>>>     autoboot
>>     it's good
>>     2:
>>     "It is DHCP gPXE encapsulated option number 178"
>>     Specifically to ask how to use this method?
>>     What can explain it in detail?
>>     thank~you
>     I enjoy using the search feature at the gPXE (Etherboot) wiki.
>     Please see:
>

> http://etherboot.org/wiki/doku.php?do=search&id=encapsulated&fulltext=Search
>     http://etherboot.org/wiki/msdhcp
>     http://etherboot.org/wiki/dhcpd
>
> ShaoMiller
> Use the search function.
> Use hyperlinks to provide you with three options for the introduction
> of 178 not found.
> 178 keyword search does not find use-cached search did not find the
> relevant presentation.
>
> Hehe. Could you give me the answer it?. English is almost a maze for me

I'm afraid that I'm not sure how to explain gPXE encapsulated options
any better than they are explained in the wiki. DHCP option 175 should
be a string of bytes. Within that byte sequence, there are sub-options.
'use-cached' is sub-option 178. So your DHCP option 175 could look like:

0xB2 0x01 0x01

where,

0xB2 : DHCP gPXE encapsulated option 178.
0x01 : The encapsulated option's value occupies 1 byte.
0x01 : The encapsulated option's value is 1 (true).

I do not know which DHCP service you use, so I do not know how you can
reconfigure your service to give PXE clients this 'use-cached' option
via DHCP.

- Shao Miller