carlyo...@keycomm.co.uk wrote:
Hi all.

... ... ...

Hello.

I am trying to find more information about the xPXE client in the HP DL580 G7, which I believe has an embedded QLogic NC375i quad-NIC .

I know this NIC. :)  It's the (previously NetXen) QLogic "Phantom" NIC.

This has apparently been shipped with a "gPXE" client and I am having some interoperability problems with a PXE boot server in that the client sends a boot request with an empty boot filename despite the DHCP ack containing a filename (for TFTP access).

Can you capture the DHCP transaction with Wireshark or 'tcpdump' and filter it for DHCP and share the resulting packets as an e-mail attachment? I don't quite understand what you mean by the client sending an empty boot filename. Do you mean it makes a TFTP request with an empty filename? If so, do you have a Control-B CLI? If so, can you please try:

 dhcp net0
 show filename

and report whether or not you got a filename from the DHCP service?

This NIC probably has an older version of gPXE on it, so we should keep that in mind.

- Shao Miller