Hello again Erik,

As far as I know, there is no AoE target that runs on Windows.

AoE in the commercial space is almost wholly owned by Coraid, and I /think/
that they specialize in HBAs and SAN-type appliance units.  They too, like
the majority of iSCSI target vendors, have their offerings very firmly
positioned as a low(er) cost shared storage solution for vmware, the last
time I looked.

Some folks here may know more, but generally speaking, if you're looking to
boot diskless in a purely Windows environment, iSCSI is really the only
option that will have any sort of flexibility for you.

To that end, I can suggest only the products I'm aware of, but specifically
for COW type setups there are sanFly and CCBoot.  CCBoot is a little
confusing though, for what it's worth.  sanFly was a very neat looking
product, and got absorbed into doubletake when they bought emBoot, which I
think got positioned as a storage consolidation piece of a desktop
virtualization solution, similar to what happened to Ardence when Citrix
bought them and rolled it into XenDesktop. However, I digress :)

I wish you luck, but unfortunately the small niche that AoE is in
commercially severely limits the options you have when it comes to
implementing it. It's a shame too because, quite frankly, it's a very nice
protocol :-(

Cheers,
Andrew Bobulsky