Hi all,

I’m trying to use gpxe to remote boot Windows 7 and Ubuntu over iSCSI on my
desktop machine.  I’ve tried other operating systems and setup methods too
(direct and indirect installation).  The problem is that once I’ve installed the
OS and attempt to boot it nothing happens.  When it comes to installing Windows
7 using the ‘keep-san’ method, the installer doesn’t even list the iSCSI
target.

The commands I run at the gpxe console to boot an installed OS are:

dhcp net0
sanboot iscsi:SERVERNAME::::iqn.2010-11.foo:bar

The result:
Registered as BIOS drive 0x80
Booting from BIOS drive 0x80
"cursor blinks but nothing else happens"

I’m guessing my hardware isn’t compatible somehow because I’ve installed the
same OSs to different machines without a problem.  The desktop machine is a HP
Z400 package system.  Both the motherboard and BIOS are HP.  The network card
I’m using is a 3Com 3C905C-TXM because gpxe wouldn’t even recognise the onboard
one.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?  Anyone had any experience remote
booting with HP hardware?  Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Andrew