No sooner did I send that email that I realize you appear to have mounted
your image file to a loopback device :-P

It might be worth trying to cut the middleman and point your iscsi target
directly at the image file.  Otherwise, all I can suggest here is that you
break out the trusty debug modes.

Sorry about that!

-Andrew Bobulsky