Hi,

My task would be booting an existing  RHEL4 OS + application from an
iSCSI target.
(the reason: I want to remove HDD from the machine because of high temperature
inside of the machine)

I setup a test environment with DHCP+TFTP (linux) and iSCSI target (FreeNAS).
The booting OS would be FreeDOS because it seemed easier than Linux for me.
(in point of my iSCSI knowledge)

gPXE machine is a real HP Proliant server (booting from NIC or floppy) or VBox
(floppy, NIC doesn't work) and VMware WS (NIC or floppy).

Everything seems good except I can't boot. :-(

iSCSI target is coming from file images, isos or floppy images.
(BTW: Is gPXE able to boot from iSCSI "CD" or "floppy" image?)

I tried testing my FreeDOS iSCSI image.
Under XP I used M$ iSCSI initiator. The target image was "mounted" as M:
(Phisycaldisk4). In VMware I setup a virtual disk which was connected to
M: (as a whole partition). In this setup FreeDOS was able to boot.
Why doesn't work this with gPXE? Or what do I have to do for that?

As I mentioned above FreeDOS is not my task. It was just a try.

Please help me! I don't have any ideas solving this problem.

TIA,
Ruzsi