Well i'm not entirely sure how to check the version...
I run a strings on the rom that is being loaded by xcat (it is called
xnba.kpxe) and found "1.0.1" so i'm going to assume that's the version
i'm using :o).

I managed to do this:
[root@xcat nodes]# cat l08
#!gpxe
#boot localdisk
 set 209:string xcat/xnba/nodes/default
 set 210:string http://${next-server}/tftpboot/
 imgfetch -n pxelinux.0 http://${next-server}/tftpboot/xcat/pxelinux.0
 imgload pxelinux.0
 imgexec pxelinux.0

[root@xcat nodes]# cat default
DEFAULT localdisk
LABEL localdisk
        LOCALBOOT 1
[root@xcat nodes]#

And that seems to try and boot from my local disk (at least i see a
message saying "Booting from local disk" :oP).
But it does not do anything...

After i see that message, i temporarily see a message stating "press
Ctrl + B for gpxe boot options" (or something) and then it seems to
exit the network boot rom and just hangs there...

So i'm guessing that GPXE messes something up in the environment and
the BIOS stops working (i do not think it is really trying to boot
from the disk)...

Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Luis