Hello Everyone,

Our two Google Summer of Code students have been busy!

   http://etherboot.org/wiki/soc/2011/start

Many thanks to our Thomas and Matthew for their work this summer.  It is
a pleasure working with them.

Many thanks also to our mentors, Stefan Hajnoczi, Gene Cumm, and GuoFu
Tseng for their generous and awesome help in mentoring our students!

We are just about halfway through this year's Google Summer of code, and
it's time we started pushing some code to gPXE for testing.

Before we can push code, however, we will review patches on
gpxe-de...@etherboot.org, as is our custom.

Matthew Iselin, who has been working on IPv6 has a series of proposed
patches for gPXE.  He will post those patches to gpxe-devel, where we
can review them.

If you find it more convenient to browse in gitweb here is a link to
Matthew's git repository.

    http://git.etherboot.org/people/pcmattman/gpxe.git/

We are also looking for people who would like to help us do some IPv6
testing (that is, network booting over IPv6).

This should be a fun and educational activity, since IPv6 is gaining
momentum due to IPv4 address space issues.

Matthew, please start post patches to gpxe-de...@etherboot.org.

Folks on the gpxe@etherboot.org list who want to review patches, please
join gpxe-de...@etherboot.org.

If there are other patches that we should apply, please let us know, and
we'll review them for merging.

Our other student, Thomas Miletich is working on a new tg3 driver.  We
will announce when that driver is ready for testing.  The tg3 driver is
a large and complicated beast, so it may take a little longer to get it
to a testable state.

Feel free to post questions and comments to whichever list is appropriate.

/ Marty /