On 8/24/2011 13:44, Marc Hammer wrote:
The extra "layer" is the "NVIDIA Network Bus Enumerator", it need to be
started before the normal NIC driver as described on the hardwareissues
wiki page.

I attached the Reg exports as you requested.

After importing the Reg exports the "NVIDIA Network Bus Enumerator"
don`t show up in the device manager (devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1).
"devcon findall" shows the Enumerator, if I remove the "Class" and
"ClassGUID" it shows up in the device manager and I can Install the driver.
After driver installation the values for "Class" and "ClassGUID" are
filled again and the Enumerator is displayed as nonpresent device like
it should.

Ok.  I have a couple of suggestions:

The PE that you use in order to capture the devices' Registry detail _must_ use the same versions of Windows files as the Windows that you import it into. That is, for example, the PCI.SYS file should be the same within your PE as within your VM. I believe that this helps to ensure that the scheme for generating the ParentIdPrefix values matches. Please verify that this file is the same, and that your kernel and HAL versions match.

In the PE's Device Manager, please use View -> Devices by connection. Please find out which device is the parent of the NVIDIA Network Bus Enumerator. Its ParentIdPrefix ought to be '3&267a616a&0', according to your one of your .REG files. Please report some detail about this device; possibly a .REG file would be good.

If, when your VM's Windows installation boots on the target hardware, Windows does not use the same ParentIdPrefix values for the devices it finds as the PE used, then the spoofing process of the port_winnt_sanboot article is going to spoof those devices on "branches" that don't (and won't) exist. Using matching Windows versions is pretty important.

- Shao Miller