I'm in a completely Microsoft environment, except for the lab machines I have
running RHEL 5 and 6. I'm trying to set up a PXE server on one Linux box that
inherits it's PXE authority from the main WDS server on this network (see
below). This machine is also the DHCP server. I'm currently running in a test
environment that we will make production after working out the bugs.

Almost all documentation for achieving PXE booting assumes your PXE server and
your DHCP server are on the same machine, and I'm looking for a way to
configure my way out of this mess.

I have no control over the DHCP server nor the WDS server, but I've gotten them
to follow this process:
http://www.vcritical.com/2011/06/peaceful-coexistence-wds-and-linux-pxe-servers/#comment-12655
To allow a WDS server to hand off via PXE Chain, to my Linux server. Using a
TFTP server seems to be the common thing, but at the same time, maybe I should
choose and setup an HTTP server for this instead? My Linux boxes are spread
across subnets and in different physical locations.

So now I have some level of control over what goes on. However, I have never
set up a PXE server before and I'd like some advice on how to understand what
is happening, and how to act upon it.

Thanks,
Regis