Hi,

On 9/1/06, Jukka Zitting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I just started a thread on the Jackrabbit dev list to gather opinions
on possibly moving the JCR mapping tool into a Jackrabbit subproject.

The feedback was very positive, so I don't think there'll be any
problems from that side. I'm not 100% sure how to graduate a
subproject of an incubating project into a subproject of another
Apache project, but I think we can work that out along the way.

I think the best way forward is to first make a release of the JCR
mapping tool to go through and resolve all the licensing and other
formal issues and then to ask the Incubator PMC to graduate the
subproject into Apache Jackrabbit. That would also require the Apache
Jackrabbit PMC to vote the mapping tool developers in as Jackrabbit
committers.

Does this sound like a good plan of action? Any comments or questions?

BR,

Jukka Zitting

--
Yukatan - http://yukatan.fi/ - [EMAIL PROTECTED]