Hi all,

While working on our project, I encountered the need to map multiple properties (or child nodes) to a single field. I think, such a mapping can be implemented using a CollectionDescriptor whose name is a pattern suitable for the Node.getProperties(String pattern) and Node.getNodes(String pattern), resp. Of course, best would be to base such an implementing on a Map type field.

Hence I implemented a ResidualPropertiesCollectionConverterImpl mapping multiple properties and a ResidualNodesCollectionConverterImpl mapping multiple child nodes as well as ManagedHashMap to support both classes.

I could imagine, that such functionality could be of use for others, too. Therefore I am willing to give them to the project. Attached, you will find the three classes. NB: Currently the classes are in our own package, which would of course should be fixed when integrating with the JCR-Mapping project.

What do you think ?

Regards
Felix