Hi,
In graffito's framework, cmsObject is the root object and all the content inherits from cmsobject. The idea behind , if I understand correctly , is that there are common model properties between various models like document, article etc and there are common services like versioning,security , permission etc applicable to all kinds of content

While using jcr-mapping layer , cmsObject can be mapped to a custom node type (graffito:cmsObject) inherited from nt:base . Similarly, folder to graffito:cmsFolder , inherited fro cmsObject and so ..on

Now, if I want to use nt:file and nt:folder , so that I have custom node types ps:folder and ps:file ineriting from nt:folder and nt:file , is it still possible to have similar flexibilty as above , in terms of designing a generic framework . I feel I am stuck because evenif I have somethig like ps:base (with additional properties) inheriting from nt:base , ps:folder inherits from nt:folder and cannot inherit properties from ps:base.

Am I going in a wrong direction ? The idea is to use what jsr170 supports like predefined nt:file, nt:folder, use jcr-mapping and still try to achieve a pluggable framework (with services attched to base content type).

Thanks,
Ruchi