On 31.05.2015 18:24, Smith, Steven - 1004 - MITLL wrote:
> The function graph_tool.spectral.adjacency
> <http://graph-tool.skewed.de/static/doc/spectral.html?highlight=adjacency#graph_tool.spectral.adjacency>
> returns transpose of the adjacency matrix of a directed graph that is
> commonly used. Is this intentional? A misinterpretation of
> column-major versus row-major on my part?

It is true that most software and some websites use the more intuitive
definition that you were expecting. However a large part of the
theoretical literature uses the transposed definition, since it can be
more convenient mathematically. See for instance Mark Newman's book.

In any case, this an unimportant issue. A matrix transpose can be
obtained trivially in numpy.

Best,
Tiago

--