Am 16.05.20 um 11:44 schrieb jamie.trata...@ucd.ie:
> Hi,
>

> I’ve calculated betweenness for each node in a network of approximately
> 100,000 nodes and one million edges. For almost all nodes, betweenness
> values range from 0 to 9,149.8877, in gradual increments. However, the
> highest nine values are as follows:: 3 nodes have the value of 10,000, 5
> nodes have a betweenness of 20,000, and one node has a value of 40,000.
>  These nodes do have relatively high out- and in- degree but there is
> nothing else unusual about them.
>

> I calculated these values in graph-tool about a year ago.
>

> Is this normal for the calculation of betweenness (i.e. values >=
> 10,0000 go up in increments of 10,0000), or has something gone wrong?

I'm not sure what kind of answer you are expecting, since
it's impossible to say anything without knowing your network, and what
your expectations were. Why would an increment of around 10000 be wrong
for your network?

You can easily test for yourself that the betweenness values for many
networks do not increment by that amount.

Best,
Tiago

--
Tiago de Paula Peixoto <ti...@skewed.de>