Am 08.10.20 um 17:16 schrieb j_nets:
> but when I access the arrays within betas after they all just consist of 0
> values (through betas[i].get_array()) which makes me think I am not doing
> this process correctly (the graph similarities with the posterior and actual
> are also negligible~0.05).

You should pass something different than xstep=0 if you want the
transmission rates to actually change during MCMC. Take a look at the
documentation of:

  EpidemicsBlockState.mcmc_sweep()

> Any help with this problem (I may be doing something very incorrect in the
> process) and how to correctly implement an edge prior without knowledge of
> the graph would be greatly appreciated as I would like to delve further into
> these techniques.

You cannot really change the prior of the edge transmission
probabilities, since that is hard-coded for the uniform prior in this
particular code.

Best,
Tiago

--