Am 08.02.21 um 20:10 schrieb Alessandro Tonin:
First of all, thanks a lot for this amazing library.

I have a question about the performance of shortest_path vs dijkstra_search
with a custom Visitor.

I implemented a very  basic example
<https://nabble.skewed.de/file/t496286/basic_example.py>   with a Visitor
with just the method

Using a graph of approx. 60k edges and 60k vertices, the performance of
dijkstra_search are 30 times slower than the default method shortest_path.

Is this difference normal, or I am doing some error in the code?

This is perfectly normal.

The function dijkstra_search() involves the Python interpreter when invoking your visitor object, but shortest_path() is implemented purely in C++. This is where the speed difference comes from.

dijkstra_search() is there when you want to customize somehow the search (see also dijkstra_iterator()). But if you only want to compute shortest paths or distances, then you should use the specialized functions.

Best,
Tiago

--
Tiago de Paula Peixoto <ti...@skewed.de>